- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, ground
- 1 tsp ground cardamom (green)
- 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 450 g chicken thigh
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ (70 g) , red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 300 ml unsweetened coconut milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
Tip: "Not in the mood for chicken? Feel free to use beef or, for example, lamb instead. You can buy ready-made garam masala in the supermarket. If you buy it in the store, make sure that the spice mix does not contain any added sugars, starch or other unnecessary additives."
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Mix the spices for garam masala.
- Cut the chicken thigh lengthwise.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and fry the chicken in butter until golden brown.
- Add half of the garam masala mix to the pan and stir well.
- Season with salt and place the chicken, including the juices, in a baking dish.
- Add the chopped bell pepper to a small bowl along with the coconut cream and the remaining garam masala mix.
- Pour over the chicken. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
How to serve?
Serve with rice or a mix with cauliflower rice or sweet potato!